Staying Safe after Hurricane Harvey
Take steps to keep yourself and your family safe after the hurricane has passed. The information below provides helpful tips on flood water safety as well as resources to find shelters and interim housing after a disaster.
Tips to Stay Safe:
- After the Flood: Precautions When Returning to Your Home
- Hurricane Harvey Rumor Control
- Be safe after a hurricane
- Clean up your home
- Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
- Avoid flood waters or standing waters
- Protect yourself from animals and insects
- Preventing mosquito bites
- Protect yourself and others from electrical hazards
- Report spills and environmental violations
- Drive safely after a disaster. Turn around. Don’t drown!